Message from Jan Sandler, President of JMS
Hi, I’m the owner of JMS Enterprises, the company with the only “28 Point Quality Inspection Checklist” in the carpet cleaning industry — built for your satisfaction. It’s a checklist that has taken 37 years to perfect!
That’s not bravado — it’s simple fact.
We both know that clean carpets are more than just something to look at. Whether it is your children, your grandchildren, your pets or even you and your special loved one, we all spend considerable time on our carpets — playing games, watching TV or just hanging out. The last thing we want to do is roll around in the muck, mold and germs that you, your family and, yes, even your four legged friends drag in and leave all over your carpets…read more
Click the below coupons to view a printable sheet that you can use anytime to receive valuable discounts on JMS Enterprises’ services.
Hire a Carpet Cleaning Professional
No matter how much you vacuum, and your carpet still does not look like it used to, it may be time for deep cleaning. Do-it-yourself cleaning methods never really deep clean your carpets; typically they leave a film of a sticky, shampoo like product that attracts dirt. That’s why these companies sell their products in grocery stores… so you have to keep buying it and using it over and over again on your carpets, hiring a professional is the safest, fastest and easiest way to have your carpets cleaned with quality products. To keep your carpet at peak performance, manufacturers recommend you have your carpets professionally, deep cleaned every 12 to 18 months. (Be sure to check your carpet warranty for particular requirements.)
When looking for a cleaning professional:
- The use of brand name cleaning products does not necessarily suggest an affiliation with those companies or added credibility for the cleaning service. Make sure that you select a cleaning professional with certification from an organization that certifies professionals, such as JMS Enterprises.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- “How long have you been in business?” The answer can speak volumes about a company’s reputation and experience. JMS Enterprises has been locally owned and operated since 1973. Our phone lines are open 24/7 and we respond to emergency calls day or night.
- “What formal training is required for the company’s management and cleaning technicians?” A reputable company should require that employees receive training certifications. All of our technicians are certified by the IICRC. They are thoroughly screened and background checks are performed on each technician. Each technician is bonded and brings to JMS Enterprises no less than 6 yrs experience in carpet care.
- “Do you use Seal of Approval cleaning solutions and equipment?” Seal of Approval products have been independently tested and certified to effectively clean carpet without causing any damage. We are certified and/or members of all of the following:
Get an In-Home Inspection and Estimate
Never make your decision strictly by TV ads, newspaper inserts, jump at the lowest bid, or accept quotes over the phone. Make sure you have the company you choose come to your home for an inspection to first determine the type of cleaning method that is most suitable, as well as to inspect your carpet for problem spots or extremely soiled areas. Make sure you obtain a written agreement before any work is done. Usually, a company will not charge for furniture removal, routine spot removal or preconditioning. Make sure you are not charged for any extras! Get a written contract with the total price and statements of guarantees that the cleaning company offers.
Get Your Money’s Worth
The following tips will help you when hiring a professional carpet cleaning service:
- Show the cleaning professional any problem areas and spots or pet stains that need special attention.
- To prevent voiding warranties, contact the carpet manufacturer before allowing additional treatment, such as re-applying stain treatments or antistatic treatments.
- Wait for the carpet to dry completely before walking on the carpet or moving the furniture back into the room (if it has been removed). If you replace the furniture too quickly, rust or stains from paint or finishes could stain your carpet permanently.